Course: The Ministry of the Holy Spirit
The Fruit of the Spirit: Lesson Four
Lesson Title: Peace, the fruit of the Spirit
Lesson Goal: …that the student will understand the fruit of peace is peace with God, peace with one another and peace in ourselves.
Text: Ephesians 4:2-3
Theme: Peace through right relationships.
Introduction: Peace is a word describing relationships.
· At peace with God
· At peace with others even if they are not at peace with me.
· At peace in ourselves
Introductory Story: Peace must go hand in hand with truth. Esther 9:30.
The fruit of peace…
1. …is having a right relationship with God. It is a peace that comes through justification by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1 'Justified by faith we have peace'. We can come boldly into the presence of God.
2. …is having a right relationship within the body of Christ. We are to be tender hearted towards one another and forgive one another. Ephesians 5:1.
3. …is the peace of God that keeps us from worry and anxiety, and is the guide that leads our way, Colossians 3:15.
1. We have peace with God because we are in a right relationship with God. There is no fear of condemnation, we can approach God with boldness.
2. The peace of God flows through the body of Christ when we are in right relationship with one another. The fruit of peace is with us when we are tender hearted and forgiving towards those who are saved or unsaved.
3. The peace of God will guide us and keep us from worry.
What should the students do?
1. Be filled with the peace of being in a right relationship with God
2. Come into His presence in prayer with boldness
3. Be in a right relationship with the body of Christ.
4. Be tender hearted and forgiving towards everyone.
5. Let the peace of God guide us.
6. Not be worried or anxious about anything.
7. Rejoice in the peace of a good conscience because of the Lord Jesus Christ.